05 July 2010

Being a slacker and kicking it with another classmate

Yesterday I got up and hit the gym. I’ve been feeling a little slackerish because I haven’t been in a few days.


After I got back i had a shower and made myself lunch.


I spent the afternoon reading for class and just generally being a bum.


I took a mid-afternoon nap to perpetuate my slackerness.


At about 4 I started getting ready for a reception that my program was having. It was a reception to welcome the retired Chief Justice of the Az. Supreme Court to the program. She is teaching my class this session. The Chief Justice of Ireland’s Supreme Court was there as well.


Not as many people showed up as I thought would come. (If for nothing other than the free wine) But attendance was a bit lax.


I hung out for a few hours, I made sure to introduce myself to both of the justices.


After the reception, a group of us went out to dinner.


We had planned to go to the Spud House, which is apparently really good, but we discovered that they are closed on Sunday.


We then decided to head to Monroe’s. After we got there, we could only be seated at two separate tables, so we sat for a bit and had a drink and then headed down the street to a Tapas restaurant.


Everything on the menu looked super tasty, but not being super hungry nor wanting to drop mad euros, I had a bowl of sweet potato soup..... It was delish.


After we finished I headed back to the apartment and headed shortly after to bed.


This morning I had my first class with Retired Chief Justice McGregor. Her class was really interesting. Its her first time teaching, but Im really interested to see where she goes with the lessons.


After class, I headed back to the apartment and made lunch.


Being lazy/tired/bored. I took a nap.


When I got up, I hit the gym for a bit.


After I hung out for a bit.


Around 6, I ended up taking a walk into town and down to the Spanish Arch with Carlo-(the guy that we ran into at McD’s at 2am a few weeks back) - We talked last week about getting together and just hanging out, so today we found the time to do that.


It was really nice getting to know somebody else from class and just talk about traveling and whatnot rather than drinking. (Carlo is a fellow traveler :D)


When I got back my roommates decided they wanted to rip on me for hanging out with Carlo, making it into more than us just hanging out... w/e- I was just glad to have had the opportunity to hang out wit someone who was more on the same level as me. (And despite my roommates jeering, it wasn't a date)


After I got back from my walk, I played cards for a bit with my roommates and two other students from upstairs.


Then I did a bit of reading for class, trying to stay a head.


Now- Ill net surf a bit more before I head to bed- I’ve decided to go to Donegal after all this weekend, so I just need to coordinate my trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment