14 July 2010

Getting some Irish Ink












I ended up in bed pretty late last night (erm....rather... this morning). I stayed up to join in on the Amnesty Meeting (which unfortunately, die to tech errors, I ultimate was unable to take part in). While I was waiting, Carlo called and we had a good talk about law school and our plans for this weekend. (Im going to Northern Ireland and he’s going to Scotland- so I gave him some suggestions of things to see while he’s there) After my failed google chat meeting, I hung out with my roommates and we talked a bit about a conflict thats currently taking place with some other students in the program.... I wont go into detail, but its friggen creepy.After a while, I decided I really needed to get to bed because I really didn't sleep Monday night.


I really didn't want to get out of bed when my alarm went off.... but I forced myself to.


We had presentations in class, so it wasn't all that exciting.


After class, I headed home and had lunch and just hung out for a while. My roommates and I went out to eat after Kimberly finished her class because Colleen had to take her laptop in to be worked on. We ended up eating at McSwiggens, which we’ve heard from various townspeople that its a really good place to get food. (Because I had already eaten lunch, I was a fat kid and had a coffee and desert.) Let me just say, Banoffi Pie is AMAZING.


After we finished eating, we headed towards Dunnes because the others needed to do some shopping. I ended up cutting out to head to my tattoo appointment. I was there a bit early because I was dodging the rain outside. Unfortunately, I didn't take my umbrella out of my school bag when I left the apartment this afternoon, and in proper irish fashion, it started raining. (And there was thunder- for the first time since Ive been here)


I hung out in reception for a bit and chatted with some of the tattooers and flipped through some of the magazines on the table while I waited for Joe. A little after 230, her set his room up and we went to it. Surprisingly, I thought it was going to hurt a lot worse that it actually did. It wasn't bad at all, so I was pretty chill while Joe did his thing. We chatted a bit about school, some of my other tattoos, my adventures around Ireland. After almost two hours, we were finally done. Im super stoked with it- it looks really cool. Rather than me describing it- see the pic above.


I then headed back to the apartment via the shuttle- perfect timing- I hit it just in time. This was really good because the sandals I decided to wear to my appointment were kind of rubbing on my tattoo, so I really didn't want to walk a few miles with my shoes rubbing my fresh tat.


As soon as I got back, I headed to do my laundry. I cant really put it off because Im leaving for Dublin straight after class and I need clothes to wear this weekend. While at the laundry, much to my dismay, I had to sit with a group of really annoying youngsters. -Youngster being fairly relative.(They may have been in college, but they were pretty high school) I sat amused as they got directions on how to wash clothes.... I never cease to be amazed by the people who have reached this point in their life and don't know how to do laundry... WTF?


After I finished my laundry and headed back to the apartment, I put my clothes away and made dinner.


Ill be spending the evening just vegging out and packing for my trip.


Im headed to Dublin tomorrow after class and Ill be touring Northern Ireland this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment