02 July 2010

Im halfway through!

YAY! Today is the last day of classes for this session. Each session is three weeks long. I had two classes this session, but only one in the next session, so hopefully Ill have bit more free time. :D (While unlikely looking at my reading list, one can, however, be hopeful)


Yesterday I hit the gym in the morning and then went to class. For my IHL course, we had a take home final, so after getting back to the flat, I had lunch and a nap (I was woken late in the night by the return of my very loud, very drunk flatmates, who decided to perform drunken renditions of various songs at the top of their lungs in the common room). After my glorious sleep, I spent the entire evening reviewing my notes, taking more notes and brainstorming what I was going to write for my final. Granted, it was only 1000-1500 words, which usually I would rejoice at such a short writing assignment, but the single page of facts was packed with so much information, I could have gone on for several thousand words. (I ended up partially solving my dilemma by using extensive footnotes which weren't include in the requisite word count)


I have concluded that this final is possibly the most work I’ve ever put into an assignment of this length. Which is a good start for my 2010-11 school year resolution of becoming a better student. (Legitimately, Im quite a slacker and until this year I could get away with it. Not that Im trying to complement myself, but undergrad was relatively easy on the grading. Unfortunately, it didn't prepare me for law-school, and now Im kicking my self in the ass to relearn how to write and study adequately.)


I worked until about 230am and then had a nap until 430am. I got up and had a shower then continued plugging away at my final. I finished a little after 8. (Now mind you, Im quite ADD so the entire time wasn't constant work product. I read the news, facebooked a bit obsessively, ect) However, I finished with a final word count of 1457 with an additional 600 words or so of footnotes. (I daresay I gamed the word limit system) Having heard the parties that were going on last night, Im fairly confident that I will score well on the final. If not, I may in-fact commit an intentional tort or simply flip the shit.


I arrived early to campus to print my paper at the tech office. I handed in my paper and we had a really short class to discuss the recent case of Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project (AWFUL, AWFUL decision from SCOTUS- I think I may have to now move to another country if Im going to do work in IHL at all and not spend any time in prison)


The prof. let us go after only a half an hour, so Im currently spending the time before my one pm class in the library literally just killing time. :/ UGH. After my lack of sleep, I wish I would have known, I could have created a back up plan to better use my time. (ie, skipped out like Monica did to go back to the flat and sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment