07 July 2010

Finalizing my weekend plans and tasty noms


Class today was much of the same as the past two days. We did sign up for presentations which we have to give on Monday and Wednesday. I am arguing the part of a Prosecutor in favor of admitting certain evidence in a DV trial.


Its going to be interesting getting the presentation together for monday and finishing off the paper I have yet to write which is due on Tuesday which is quickly approaching.


After class, I headed to town to buy my bus ticket for Donegal this weekend. I got an email confirmation this morning on my room that I reserved last night at the hostel in Donegal Town.


On my way into town I ran into Carlo and we made plans to go “castle hunting” tomorrow after classes.


When I got back from my walk into town I made lunch and a chocolate baileys sauce for drizzling over the cheesecake that I made last night.


After lunch, I did a little research on things to see this weekend. There isn't much in Donegal Town itself, but when I was on the Ireland Heritage site I discovered a few things Id like to see in Sligo, which is on the way to Donegal. The 6am bus on saturday has a transfer in Sligo, so I might try to “miss” my transfer and catch a later bus onward to Donegal so I can check out what Sligo has to offer (I found an abbey and Irelands oldest monolithic cemetery on the website). If not on saturday, I may try to see it on the was back on Sunday. Either way, Im really looking forward to my adventure this weekend.


Because my internet was being difficult, and Im too sore to hit the gym today, I decided to take a nap- it was amazing :D


When I got up, I headed across the complex to do my laundry, which I’ve been putting off for a few days.


While I was doing reading for class and waiting for my laundry to finish, a group of girls that looked and sounded like they were in high school came in to do their laundry. They started out by putting their clothes in the dryer instead of the washer, so, instead of watching them waste their money by not reading the directions, I turned my IPOD off and told them about their mistake. I then had to further instruct them of how to actually operate the machines. (IDK, but does it seem like more and more young people I meet, the more I think theres been a generational IQ drop- I knew how to do laundry when i was their age, and even if I didn’t, I was able to read the signs on the wall giving explicit directions on how to wash clothes) A guy from my class last semester was doing laundry as well, so when the girls left, we had a little chuckle at how absurd the situation was.


Im spending the evening working on my reading for class and my paper (ideally, Ill work on my paper)


Wanda came over and was asking about the cheesecake, so I cut it and Wanda, Monica and I had a piece. It turned out really well-especially having cooked it in a pie plate. (Officially the best cheesecake I've made to date) After I finished, I took a piece to Kristen upstairs because she let me split her bottle of Bailey’s so I wouldn't have to buy a whole one for the cheesecake.


At some point Ill make dinner. - I might wait until my roommates leave for the evening. They are all going out to Dignity West because they have half off drink night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment