21 June 2010

Baking up a frenzy

Yesterday I just had class and ran to town for grocery shopping. I’ve not gotten ahead a bit in my reading so I went to bed at a decent hour.


Today I woke up early and hit the gym.

Unfortunately, I continued my pattern of feeling super sleepy during class. (Maybe because I didn't have any tea today). The second half of my IHL period was my prof giving a lecture to a bunch of students who I think are part of the Irish Center for Human Rights program. It was a lot of what he talked to us about last week though. I cut out the end of the lecture to head to my next class.


Today was really bad in ethics. (Maybe why I was falling asleep?) I had a really hard time sitting through the session.


After class I had a quick salad for lunch and then my flatmates and I walked to town.


We were on the hunt for the pretzels that we got at the saturday market. He was sold out saturday but told us a store in town carries them. When we got to the store though they cost twice as much as when we get them fresh from him.


After that I split from the group to go in search of a custom tattoo shop I wanted to check out- Inkfingers because the shop I visited Saturday was really expensive for what the guy was going to do. I’ve got a good vibe from Joe (the guy I talked to about doing my tattoo) , I like his work a lot better and its cheaper. Trifecta of epic tattoo-ness- so Im going to get inked by him before I leave. He’s working on drawing up a design for me and we’re going to go from there. :) Im really excited!


After I finished up at Inkfingers, I decided to wander a bit because I had time to kill. I walked down the street adjacent to shop street and checked out a few shops. I also stopped into the Amnesty International Coffee shop and grabbed a chai latte.


I then hit Dunnes for a few groceries that I forgot to grab yesterday. After I checked out, I hung out by Eyre Square to wait for the shuttle.


When I got back I made myself dinner as well as banana bread and baked apples for desert.


I also booked my bus and hostel for my trip to Dublin to take the tour to Northern Ireland. The bus only cost 1 euro each way. (Im super stoked about its cheapness)


I cant get cheap tickets for my trip to Cork this weekend, so Im going to hit the citylink office tomorrow to see if I can get a student ticket.


Im just finishing up making some homemade pretzels for my flatmates and Im going to keep working on staying ahead in my reading for class :D


No comments:

Post a Comment