23 June 2010

I dont recommend walking a mile in these soggy shoes

Today I got up early and hit the gym (i beat the urge to just hit the snooze button a million times)


Discovery: I grabbed an Americano before IHL today, and the caffeine kicked in enough to keep me from feeling super drowsy in both of my classes. I was super excited. However, Im too cheap to spend the money on a coffee every morning. hmm... if only I had a travel mug for some really strong tea so I could bring from home :/


We had our new prof for IHL today. (We’re having the course taught by two different profs from the Irish Center for Human Rights) He was a lot more straightforward and easier to follow than our other prof. (not that I didn't like the other prof, he’s great as well, I just enjoy the new profs teaching style better. he wasn't completely horrible to look at either) :P


Ethics was... erm... ethics. I had a bit of a row with the prof about the grading of an assignment (we all thought it was pass/fail and it wasnt) she didnt quite understand what I was trying to explain to her, so I gave up. Im counting on that class participation for my A. She did bring us cake today because it was the halfway point for our class..... HALFWAY THROUGH!!!! HOLLER!


When I got back from class I had lunch and worked on more reading for class.

At 5, my flatmates and I went out for dinner (because they had been craving nachos, so we went out in search of a mexican place)


We took the shuttle into town. (Thankfully, because it was raining)


We’ve been getting really good weather in Galway recently (so we’ve been told, unfortunately its led to water shortages on the Aran Islands)

-However, Mother Nature made up for it today. It was chilly and overcast all day. This afternoon we got rain that stayed pretty steady. (all the other rain we’ve had has only been short bursts of precipitation and then the sun comes back out)


Also, I must note, that the rain here isn't like the rain we get in Michigan. Its like a friggen mist. And it comes at you in every fricken direction, so no matter how fit your umbrella is, you end up getting a bit moist.


I have the intelligent idea of wearing my canvas TOMS everywhere, so I ended up with cold, wet feet when I went out this evening. (I was also slipping and sliding on the stone pathway that is Shop Street :/) Im currently blasting the heater in my room in an attempt to dry them out so I can wear them tomorrow. Damn luggage restrictions forcing me to pack light. ::NOTE TO SELF: purchase shoes that dry faster, or just purchase galoshes and wear them everywhere. Who knows, I might start a trend... Oh, right, that was last years fad....behind on fashion yet again.


After a wet walk through shop street and towards the Latin Quarter, we found a place called Jalapeno’s. I had a goat cheese and bean burrito (not exactly an authentic Tex-Mex place, but it was super tasty, I was really full- considering the fact that I dropped more on one dinner that a weeks worth of groceries {mind you Im a super cheap grocery shopper}, its a damn good thing) We got a carafe of sangria as well. It wasn't horrible, but I wont be paying for it again if we go back (which we may because Colleen loved the steak she got, so we may do her birthday dinner there next month)

We decided to walk home. By we, I mean the other 3 did, I just sort of followed. By follow, I mean I was tired so I ended up far behind them.


When I got back from my post-meal leisurely 2 mile plus walk back - I worked on finishing up reading. ::It seems like thats all I ever do any more.... read, read, read, lather, rinse, repeat:: Even in Ireland my life is boring as hell.... Murphy’s friggen law ladies and gentleman.


Thats the extent of the excitement of my day: new prof, dinner out, cake and a soggy-shoed few mile walk.


One more day of classes until the weekend. WooHoo!!!!! (yes, I did just become THAT girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment